Wheat Flour Soup
1 to 2 People
- 1/4 cup India Gate wheat flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- Sugar a pinch( optional)
- a quarter-bowl (¼) of chopped vegetables of your choice
- Some chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp mixed herbs( oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice ( optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok, then add the chopped garlic, cinnamon stick, and cloves and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the wheat flour and simmer for a minute or two, just long enough to cook out the raw flavour; do not overcook.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid lumps, with water, salt, black pepper, sugar, herbs, chopped vegetables, coriander leaves, and mixed herbs.
- To make it tangier, squeeze in some lemon juice.
- Before serving, toss out the cinnamon stick and clove.
- If desired, add butter.