- 1/2 cup India Gate rava / semolina
- 5 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried coconut cut into small pieces
- 1/4 nuts (almonds, pista, cashew)
- handful of raisins
- 2 cup water
- In a heavy-bottomed kadai, melt the ghee.
- Slowly add the rava and cook until it turns a dark golden brown colour.
- Add the coconut, nuts, and raisins and cook for another minute, or until the nuts are crispy.
- Combine the sugar and rava in a large mixing bowl.
- Finally, add the water while continuing stirring. (Be careful here because when you add water, hot vapour will rise, causing burns.) The rava will lump if you don't stir it.)
- Cook until the sauce has thickened somewhat. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. After cooling, the rava kesari recipe will thicken.