Carrot-Wheat Bran Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup India Gate Wheat Bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (grated)
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using butter, grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Mix the flour, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves together in a mixing dish. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine the grated carrots, raisins, honey, and orange juice in a separate bowl. Combine the carrots and flour in a mixing bowl. Do not overmix; simply whisk until the carrots are evenly covered.
- Place the cake batter in the loaf pan that has been prepared. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.